Manage users from multiple workspaces under one organization with our new beta Organizations feature. Improve workspace access control by inviting team members to the Organization, creating User Groups, and then choosing which Workspaces they need access to.
Within the Toggl Track data hierarchy, Organizations will sit above Workspaces, allowing you to have multiple workspaces within one organization, and collectively manage their users, user groups, and more.
This feature is only available on our Beta Program. Interested in signing up for our Beta Program? Learn how here.
Please note: Premium workspaces beta-testing the Organizations feature may see an increase in subscription fee after beta-testing ends if they have invited users to their Organization, but not assigned them to a workspace yet. Workspaces not on the Premium plan will only have one workspace remain active after beta-testing is complete. See the Notes section at the bottom of this page for more information.
Creating a new Organization
Use the workspace switcher to create a new organization. Once you create a new organization, you will be the Organization Owner, providing you with complete control over all the workspaces included in it.
Managing an Organization
The Admin panel in the left menu bar lets you manage Organizations. Clicking on the Organization button opens the Organization Admin page, where you can view and manage workspaces, team members, user groups, and the Organization ownership.
There are four tabs under the Organizations page. They are:
Click on +New Workspace to create a new workspace and choose additional admins for this workspace.
Clicking on an existing workspace's name in the list opens the Workspace tab. Here you can manage the users and groups in the workspace, as well as manage settings.
The Members tab shows all user groups and users in the chosen workspace, plus their Billable Rate (paid plans only), Labor Cost (paid plans only), and Access-level. A summary in the right-panel indicates the workspace Admins as well as total users and user groups in the workspace.
You can also use the 3-dot control to delete Groups, or users from the Workspace.
Note: If a user is a part of your Organization, but no individual Workspaces in it, they will only show in the Organization > Team tab and can be deleted from the Organization from there.
To add Users, click the +Add Members button and choose the User Groups and Users you wish to add to this workspace. This list includes all Users and User Groups at the Organization-level Team page.
Review Team Activity on the Activity tab. Read more about this here.
You can manage Workspace Settings from this tab. Read more about Workspace Settings here.
The Team tab allows you to add all the Users and Groups you will need across your Workspaces, and then manage their access to each Workspace.
You can also see each user, their email address, and the workspaces and user groups they belong to on this page.
Note: This is also where you can permanently delete a user from your Organization, and any Workspaces they belong to in it.
Click the Invite Members button to invite users to one or more Workspaces. While inviting someone, you can also choose whether they will be a regular user or Admin on the chosen workspaces.
The Filters bar allows you to:
- View users based on their status; active, inactive or invited,
- Filter based on their access-level; All or Admin,
- Filter based on User Groups they belong to,
- Filter based on Workspaces they belong to,
- Search for users using their name or email.
You can also use the 3-dot control next to any active users to Edit, Deactivate or Delete them, as well as other actions depending on their status.
Note: Assigning a Team Member the Admin Status from this page makes them an Organization-level Admin user.
To read more about Managing Workspace Members, click here.
The Groups tab allows you to create and manage User Groups for the Organization, as well as Search through existing groups and filter the list based on the Workspaces they belong to.
To learn more about creating and managing User Groups, go here.
This Settings tab allows you to manage Organization-level settings, such as the Organization name and ownership. You can also see the Pricing Plan for the first-upgraded workspace under this Organization.
Notes & Limitations
- For now, we only allow one Workspace in the Organization to be on a paid plan. The remaining workspaces will remain on the Free plan, and therefore can only have up to 5 active users on them.
- While it will be possible to have more than 5 Organization Users distributed across Workspaces during the beta-testing, this will not be possible once the feature moves out of Beta. At that time, the Organization will either have to be on a paid plan or it will be suspended.
- If you are not on a Premium plan, once beta-testing is complete only one workspace will remain active. The other workspaces in the Organization will be disabled.
- Organizations on the Premium-plan may see an increase in subscription fee after beta-testing ends if they have invited users to their Organization but not assigned them to a Workspace yet.
Need further help managing your Organization? Reach out to our Support Team via the chat button in the bottom-right corner, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.