The Timer page is arguably the most important section in Toggl. It's the only place (within the web application) where creating a time entry is possible. Wondering how you can create a time entry? Visit the Creating a Time Entry article for more information.
The Timer page is also the only page in the web application that is not workspace-specific. It will always display data from all your workspaces. This is to give you a full picture of how you tracked your time throughout your day.
Edit, Bulk Edit and Delete
- To edit an entry, click on the relevant field and insert your changes
- To delete a time entry, hover over it and click on the three dots icon on the right side. Choose "Delete" in the menu that pops up.
- Bulk Edit and Delete functions appear after you click on the list icon to the right of each date on a time entry.
- To Bulk Edit time entries, check the entries you wish to change by using the check boxes next to each time entry, click the Bulk Edit heading next to the day title and make your changes on the overlay
- To use Bulk Edit to delete entries: check the time entries you wish to remove and select Delete in the day header area.
- Deleting multiple time entries is limited to one day's worth of time entries at a time on the Timer page.
Grouping and Ungrouping Time Entries
When grouping is turned on, time entries that share the same details (description, project, client) are displayed as a single time entry. Editing the group will edit each individual time entry in the group.
Turning Grouped Mode on or off:
- Open the Profile page.
- Check or uncheck the "Group similar time entries" option.
Daily and Weekly Charts
- Enable the chart from the visualization menu below the timer.
- You can switch to Today or This week to see how much time you've spent for those periods
- Selecting Timeline will show your Timeline data.
- Horizontal bars show the times of the day that you have covered with time entries
- Scroll the timeline by clicking on left / right arrows in top left.
- In case you’re using the desktop app and have enabled Timeline Recording, the vertical bars will display programs that you’ve used and pages you’ve viewed.