The Timeline feature allows you to record your computer activity. With this data, you can later fill in the gaps in your timesheets. The feature will record every website and program that you view for longer than 10 seconds.
Enabling the feature
- Windows: Cogwheel button >> Preferences >> General tab >> Record timeline.
- MacOS: On the main Timer screen, click on "Timeline", then choose to allow recording by toggling the switch to the right of "Record Activity".
- Linux: Preferences (menu bar) >> Record timeline.
How does it work?
- Timeline gets recorded on automatically when Toggl Desktop is running on your computer and you have enabled the recording.
- Records each website and program that you view for more than 10 seconds.
- Shows your day in 15-minute increments.
- Displayed in the webapp, in the top section of the Timer page.
- Timeline data is entirely account specific. Other workspace users (including admins) do not have access to it.
- Timeline will not be available on the first day after signing up in Toggl – it will be enabled on the second day.
- If your computer goes to sleep your timeline will stop recording.