Billable Rates is a Starter plan feature. The rates are bound to time entry duration allowing you to see how much you earned for each particular job.
Four billable rate levels
- Workspace member
- Project member
- The system will always apply the most granular rate. If a project user creates a time entry and there is a billable rate set for that user in the same project - the project user rate will be applied.
- Billable rates can't be defined for a specific time entry.
- The overall Workspace Billable Rate and currency can be set on your Workspace Settings page.
- On Workspace Settings page you can also determine who can see Billable Rates – everyone or only admins.
- Billable Rate and currency can only be edited by the Workspace administrator.
Workspace member rate
- Rate can be specified from the Team page.
- Workspace overall currency applies to the Team Member Rate as well.
- If you’re on Premium or Enterprise plan, you can also insert Labour Cost.
Project and project member rate
- Project rates are accessible via Projects Edit page.
- Project-specific Billable Rates can be specified within each project separately.
- Type in project’s hourly rate and/or a team member specific hourly rate.
- Workspace overall currency applies to the Project Rate as well. However, by clicking on the gray currency badge you can set a unique currency per project.
Viewing billable data
Billable totals, amounts and charts will be consistently displayed in Reports. For example, here's a screenshot from a typical Summary report.
Important tips and notes
- If you're unsure which rate is being applied to a time entry, turn on the "Distinct rates" view in Summary reports. It's available through the cogwheel menu button.
- Workspace administrators are able to see and edit every team member’s hourly rate.
- Project managers are able to see and edit those team members’ hourly rates who belong to the project that they are managing.
- Regular users are not able to see or edit any team member’s hourly rates that have been set in that workspace.