When asked to Swipe up or Swipe down, please do so from the middle of the screen.
Upon launch and after you log in, the app shows the Main Screen, a list of your most-tracked recent activities.
- Swipe down to do a manual sync
- Swipe up to access the Timer Screen
- Tap on a recent activity to continue tracking time for it
Note that if you haven’t tracked time in a while, nothing may appear. Here’s why.
The Timer Screen show’s a list of Time Entries you’ve tracked.
- If there are Entries, Swipe up to scroll down into the past, and Swipe down to scroll back up
- When you’re at the top of the list, Swipe down to return to the Main Screen
- Tap on an Entry to continue tracking time for it
- Tap an Entry’s text to edit it
On both the Main and Timer Screen, you can Tap…
- to load the Reports Screen
- to open the app’s Settings
- or to create a new Time Entry
- to stop the Timer
- The text to the left of to edit the Time Entry you’re timing
When you tap or to create a new entry, a new window appears.
Start typing to describe the Entry. Your text will replace What are you working on? or What have you done? You can also edit the Entry later.
Now continue creating your entry:
- Type @, Tap Search Projects, or Tap to assign a Project.
- Type #, Tap Search Tags, or Tap to assign a Tag. You can assign multiple Tags.
- Tap to set whether or not this Entry is Billable (available only for paid Workspaces).
- Tap to set the start date.
- Tap to set the start and stop times through The Wheel.
- Tap the text beside (near the top) to set the duration.
When you’re done creating your Entry, Tap on the lower-right. Otherwise Tap on the upper-left to cancel and go back.
Tapping on a frequent activity or existing Time Entry creates a new Entry with the same details—except for the start time, stop time, and duration. The Timer will start tracking this new Entry whether or not Manual Mode is on.
To view the total duration of these similar Time Entries, please use the Summary Report on our website.
When editing an Entry, a new window appears with several rows. Tap a row to change a specific part of the entry. From top to bottom:
- Start and stop times (opens The Wheel)
- Duration (opens The Wheel)
- Start date
- Whether or not the Entry is Billable (available only on a Paid Workspaces)
At the bottom of this window are two buttons. Tap on…
- Delete to delete the Entry. This cannot be undone.
- Confirm changes to save any changes you’ve made.
This lets you set an Entry’s start time, stop time, and duration. Each turn around the wheel represents an hour.
Hold and spin around the wheel to set the start time. Spin clockwise to move it into the future, or counter-clockwise to make it earlier. You can do the same with to change the stop time.
Hold and spin the gray area between the play and stop icons to change the start and stop at the same time. This lets you keep the Entry’s current duration constant.
Tap the middle of the wheel to type in the duration. Use the format hh:mm (for example, 1:30 is one hour and 30 minutes).
The start and stop times above The Wheel change as you spin items around.
Tap to the upper-left of The Wheel to discard your changes and go back.
Tap Save to the upper-right of The Wheel to save your changes.
By default, the timer will start as you create a new Entry.
You can turn on Manual Mode in the app’s Settings to prevent this from happening. This makes it easier for you to add time later on.
When Manual Mode is on, on the Main and Timer screens is replaced with .
Tap anywhere in the app to show Reports.
While our best reporting features are available on our website, Reports on mobile still lets you see a breakdown of your tracked Projects over a specific period.
Tap This week to select which dates the Report should cover. On the dropdown that appears:
- Swipe the calendar left or right to browse through the months
- Tap two different dates to set the start and stop of the Report period. Tapping on the same date twice will limit the period to one day
- At the bottom of the calendar are a horizontal list of presets that let you quickly specify a period of time. Swipe this left or right too look through all the presets, and Tap on any of them to apply it
- Tap below the dropdown to hide it
Note that Reports will not include any running Time Entry.
Tap anywhere in the app to open the app’s settings. Here you can Tap:
- Workspace to change your current Workspace.
- Manual mode to switch Manual Mode on or off.
- Submit Feedback to send us a message about the app. Nothing’s off-limits, whether its praise, complaints, suggestions, or even just greetings. Be nice!
- Sign out of Toggl to logout of your account. This lets you use a different Toggl account with the app, in case you use more than one.
Your Toggl data is saved on the cloud. You can review past entries on the Detailed Report page of our website.
However, to keep syncing on mobile as stable as possible, the app will pull only data from before 10 days of your last login. If you haven’t tracked time for a while, you might not see your older entries when you first use the app.