Toggl Track offers various options for exporting data, depending on what you want to export. Learn more about these options, as well as how long it may take for an export to be sent to you in this guide.
- Exporting time entries
- Exporting user data, including timeline information.
- Exporting workspace data
- How long does it take to export my data?
Exporting time entries
- The data you can export will depend on your current active Workspace. If you work on more than one Workspace, make sure to switch to the correct one first.
- You can only export the time entries you have access to. This means regular users can only export their own time entries or entries for projects they are project managers for. Admins can export all time entries.
Exporting user and timeline data
Any user can export their Profile Data, with the option to include their Timeline information through our web app at track.toggl.com.
To export Profile Data or Timeline data, visit the Profile settings page. Click on the Export Account Data button in the upper-right corner.
Check the items you want to export, then click on the "Compile file and send to email" button below.
This will pull the selected data together into a single ZIP file, and a download link will be sent to your email address. The link will expire in 72 hours.
- You have to be logged in to the Toggl Track web app in order to access the ZIP file shared via email.
- Timeline data is only saved if you use the Timeline feature.
- The export includes the last 14 days of data. If you need all your timeline data, please contact Support.
Exporting workspace data
Workspace data can be exported by workspace Admins on the Data Export page under Settings.
Here you can choose to export projects, project members, tasks, clients, tags, user groups, subscription invoices and much more.
Once you've chosen the data you need to be exported, click "Compile file and send to my email". The link can be accessed while logged into Toggl Track and is valid for 72 hours.
- Only one export can be compiled at a time per Workspace. Another one cannot be initiated until the one being generated is finished.
- Invoices will be exported as PDF. All other data is in .json format.
How long does it take to export my data?
It depends on how much data you’re trying to export. In most cases, exporting Time Entries from the Detailed Report page generates a download within a few seconds.
Compiling Personal Profile Data exports should take a few minutes at most. A download link will appear in your email inbox soon after.
Workspace settings can take a while, depending on the amount of data you are exporting.
Need any further help? Feel free to contact our Support Team!