Tasks are a Starter plan feature. The main purpose of Tasks is to provide an extra level of hierarchy within Projects. In other words, think of them as a sub-project. Similar to projects, tasks can be allocated to a specific team member.
Tasks can only be created by an Admin or Project Manager.
Creating and editing Tasks
- Open the project under which you want to create tasks. Click on Tasks tab
- Click on "+ Add task" to create new tasks and then click on "Save" to confirm.
- To edit a Task, click on the relevant field and insert your changes
From the Tasks tab, you can also:
- Assign tasks to certain members of the current project’s team.
- Set Time Estimates for Tasks and review the progress of each visually.
- Mark Tasks as done / as active.
- Delete Tasks.
- Edit multiple Tasks at once by using Bulk edit
Done and Active tasks
- To hide completed Tasks from the project list on your Timer page you can mark a Task as done.
- Entries recorded under your Done Task will still be available in Reports.
- Tasks can be reactivated by marking them Active.
Adding time to tasks
Search for the task name from the "Project" field when creating time entries. If you have multiple tasks with the same name listed under different projects, they'll be grouped accordingly.
What happens to tasks if I cancel my subscription?
- Time entries created under tasks will remain, however, the task label will be invisible. In other words, tasks-related data won't be deleted, just hidden from view.
- If you renew your subscription, task names will be displayed again.
- Deleting a task does not delete the time entries logged to it. They can still be found by using the "without task" filter in reports.
- Assigning a Project user will limit access to the Task to only that user. When everyone is selected, all Project users can add Time entries to the Task.
Have any further questions? Feel free to reach out to our support team via the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the screen, or email.