Tags allow you to add context to time entries and you can use them to define what time entries are related to beyond a client and/or project.
Creating and editing tags
- Tags can be created from the Tags page or the Timer page.
- Tags can be edited and deleted from the Tags page.
Creating tags from Tags page
- To create a new tag on the Tags page, click on "+ New Tag" in the top right corner and type the name into the “Tag name” field and click “Create."
- To edit a tag, click on the three dots next to the tag’s name, click on Edit, change the name, and press Enter to save the changes.
- To delete tags, click on the three dots next to the tag you wish to delete and confirm it.
Creating tags from the Timer page
- Click on the tag icon on your Timer
- Type in the name of the tag you’d like to create
- Press Cmd (Ctrl for PC) and Enter to create it.
- It will also be applied to your current time entry.
- Tags created on Timer page will be allocated to the workspace you’re currently in, i.e. the one showing at the bottom left of the page.
- You can also pull reports based on tags by filtering your time entries by tags on the Reports page.
A native tags export isn't currently available in Toggl, but Tags can be exported via the Detailed Report.
Need further help with using Tags? Contact our support team via chat or email.