In this article: Examples, Creating and editing, Tags in Reports.
Tags can be used to add additional information to a time entry.
- Marking time entries for clients you’ve billed with a tag “billed” or “invoic
- Marking time entries with non-standard billing rates with a specific tag, so you’ll know that when it’s time to bill
- Categorizing your time entries for certain project or clients by type such as “consulting”, “feedback”, “outdoors”, “B2B”, “email”, “phone call”, etc.
- Tags can be created, edited and deleted on the Workspace Settings page.
- To edit a tag, click on the pen-shaped icon next to the tag’s name and an edit window will appear;
- Click Save to apply the changes.
- To delete tags click on the X next to the edit icon:
- To create a new tag on Workspace Settings page, type the name into the “New tag name” field
- Click “Add”.
Tags can also be created on Timer page by clicking on the Tag icon on your Timer.
- Type in the name of the tag you’d like to create
- Press Cmd (Ctrl for PC) and Enter to create it.
- It will also be applied to your current time entry.
Please note; that tags created on Timer page will be allocated to the workspace you’re currently in, i.e. the one showing at the bottom left of the page.
Only a workspace administrator can edit and delete tags.
- You can also pull reports based on tags by filtering your time entries by tags on the Reports page.
- Here you have the option to select time entries with none, some or all tags.