- Toggl prices are per user per month, per workspace.
- Toggl Starter plan costs 9.00 USD user/mo when paid annually, $10 when paid monthly
- First-time Starter plan subscribers get a 30-day free trial period;
- There are discounts for teams of 40+ members – contact support for details;
- You can pay by credit card, Paypal or wire transfer;
- Billing is either monthly or annual, and automatic in both cases, from your specified payment channel;
- When you pay monthly, a new invoice is generated each month, calculating the number of users in your workspace at the time x $10, then charged to the payment method on file. You can add or remove team members at any time, your monthly charge will simply reflect it when the time comes. You can cancel monthly plan at any time. After cancelling you’ll be able to keep using Starter until the end of current payment cycle and then your Workspace would be reverted back to free plan (provided that you’ll bring your team count down to 5 members or less);
- When you pay annually, we charge you once in the beginning of the billing cycle to cover your whole team. Then each month we check the number of users in your workspace to make sure they’re all covered until the end of the year. When you add team members, we’ll charge for them automatically to be covered until the end of that billing cycle, too. When you remove users, the balance left over from their unused time will be kept on your Toggl account and used to cover your next upcoming invoices. If you should decide to cancel annual plan mid annual cycle, the remaining balance is non-refundable. After cancelling annual plan, you can keep using Starter until your positive balance runs out.
- All information about your workspace payments is displayed on the Subscription page.
When you wish to upgrade, click on “…More” on the left side menu, go to the Subscription and click on the green ‘Upgrade to Starter’ button:
You’ll then be asked to pick the preferred payment plan – subscribe either to monthly or annual payments. Read more about the payment plans here.
Next, you can insert your billing info and choose the preferred payment method – either credit card or PayPal. If you’re upgrading to Starter plan for the first time, this will start your 30 day free trial. If you’ll decide to end the subscription before the trial ends, no charges will be made from your credit card / PayPal account.
The My Plan tab holds all the important information about your subscription: current monthly charge, team size, next payment date, your current method of payment and inserted billing data.
By clicking the ‘Pick another plan’ link on this tab you are able to change your current subscription.
Clicking the “Change” link in the Billing info section lets you edit your billing information:
Here you can change your billing address as well as enter a VAT number if you are an EU company:
- Refused – the payment was declined by the issuer (your) bank; a common reason here is that there are insufficient funds;
- Referral – the payment was declined by the issuer (your) bank; you’ll need to contact your bank for details;
- Acquirer Error – payment was declined because of an error with the acquirer;
- Invalid Card Number – declined because the card number does not exist;
- Issuer Unavailable – declined because of a system error at the issuer (your) bank side;
- Fraud – declined by the payment gateway due to fraud suspicion.
- The preapproval key can’t be used before the start date or after the end date:
PayPal requires that the recurring contract set up for Toggl is no longer than 1 year for each user. When the time is up, the payment information has to be entered again.
Please, log in to Toggl and navigate to the Subscription page. Then click on ‘change details’ to re-enter the information from beginning to end. That should fix things.
If you’d like to prepay via a wire transfer, you can do so on the Purchase Order tab of the Subscription page. Here you can set the number of users you’d like to pay for, the Purchase Order will be for 12 months for those users.
Once you’ve created the Purchase Order, you can download the invoice issued based on it on the same page.
Once you wire the needed amount, it will automatically be added to your balance and will be used to cover your usage.
To cancel your subscription please go to Subscription page (link will open from the left side menu once you click on “…More”) and click on the All Plans tab. Clicking on the marked button ‘I still want to downgrade’ will end your subscription.
You will receive a confirmation email afterwards, if you do not receive an email confirming your cancellation, please contact our support.
- Put back on the free profile – if you have up to 5 users only;
- Be suspended – if you have more than 5 users in your workspace.
Your workspace gets suspended when 7 or more days have passed since the end of the last paid invoice or you cancelled your subscription and you have more than 5 people in the workspace.
When your workspace is suspended, your data will remain intact and you can still run reports in it, but you can’t track new time into it or see any starter features (e.g. billable amounts or bookmarks) anymore.
If you add new payment details and your next invoice gets paid, your workspace will automatically be reactivated with everything back as it was previously.