Toggl Track natively syncs Jira issues via our Integrations page. Jira Sync is available for Premium users.
Note: This integration only supports Cloud Jira.
Jira Software is part of a family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work. Originally, Jira was designed as a bug and issue tracker. But today, Jira has evolved into a powerful work management tool for all kinds of use cases, from requirements and test case management to agile software development.
What can I import from Jira?
The user will be able to choose mapping between Toggl Track entities (description, Project, Task, Tag) and Jira issues.
Users can setup only one Jira site per one Toggl Track workspace at a time. If you have more sites, you'll need to delete the existing one and add a new one.
How can I enable the Jira Sync for my workspace?
Go to Integrations and toggle the button to start setting up the sync:
Click on Connect and authorize Toggl Track to access your Atlassian account. Once the autorization is complete, you will be redirected back to Toggl Track's integration page.
Click on Finish set up and choose how you'd like for your Jira entities to be imported in Toggl Track:
Next, select how Toggl Track should import the entities and how to handle any duplicated data.
You can choose whether to add a prefix or suffix (both are optional) to the imported data to mark the entities which have been imported from Jira and avoid confusing them with the data already available in Toggl Track.
If you have duplicated data, you can choose how you'd like for Toggl Track to handle these situations:
- Connect - sets up logical relation between Jira and Track data. Every change, update, delete will persist
- Overwrite - overwrites Track data NB! Original related data in Toggl track will be removed (i.e. tags) or archived (i.e. projects) and some time entry metadata might be missing after this selection
- Dismiss - ignores incoming Jira data
Once you've finished setting up, you should see the selected configuration on the Integrations page. From there, you can edit the current setup or remove the sync completely.
- If you experience issues with connecting to the Jira site, please check if Toggl Track has proper access to Jira or remove the authentication and set it up again
- Toggl Track entities will be periodically auto-synced with configured Jira entities
- All imported Projects from Jira will be created as Public Projects but you can manually change the privacy on the Project Settings page