The Toggl Track WatchOS app is built for WatchOS 6 and up. It's available in the App Store on the Apple Watch. The app does not require Toggl Track Timer for iOS to run and works completely independently from the iPhone app.
Installing the app
- Open the App Store app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap on "Search" and use Dictation to search for Toggl hours. Use the Scribble option if the watch misinterprets the phrase.
- Install Toggl - Time Tracker for Work, this is the official Toggl Track app for WatchOS, it should be the first result. Scroll down through the list if you can't see it right away.
- When prompted to login, choose the keyboard option.
- Use your iPhone to enter the login details. It will require a bit of switching between the phone and the watch. To make it a bit easier, copy the password into the clipboard and then paste it when prompted.
Due to various limitations of the device, the actions you can perform on the watch are limited to the most basic ones. Editing and starting new entries isn't possible with the Watch app.
Continue a time entry
To perform this action swipe left-to-right from the main Timer screen or tap on an entry and then tap the green "Continue" button.
Delete a time entry
To delete, either swipe right-to-left from the main Timer screen or tap on an entry and then tap the trashcan icon.
Stop a time entry
When a time entry is running it will appear at the very top of the Timer screen. To stop it simply tap on the red stop button.
Refresh and sign out
To view these options firmly press and hold anywhere on the Timer screen. Use the refresh option to manually sync your Watch app with the Toggl Track server.
The Toggl Track WatchOS app has a simple complication that shows the duration of the running timer. When the timer is stopped, it serves as a link to the Watch app. The name of the complication is simply Toggl.
Uninstalling the app
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Toggl Track inside the "Installed on Apple Watch" section.
- Tap the "Delete app on Apple Watch" button.
Syncing data with Toggl Track
When the app becomes active, it will sync automatically if at least one hour has passed since the last sync. It’s also supposed to sync automatically when there’s a change in the timeline but it can be delayed by connection quality, battery life as well as other factors. You can force a sync by long-pressing the app in the watch until the contextual menu shows, and select “Refresh”
If you run into any problems with the Toggl Track app for WatchOS please contact Toggl Track Support by clicking on the blue icon in the bottom right corner of this page or via email.