Alerts are a starter plan feature that helps you track your Project Time Estimates. Using this feature you will be alerted when your projects that have a time estimate reach a certain percentage of that estimate.
Setting Up Alerts
Alerts can be set up from the Workspace Settings Alerts tab via the Toggl Track web app. On this page, you can select when your alerts will be triggered and who should be alerted.
To set an Alert, click on the New Alert button on the top right of the screen.
Alerts can be:
- For a Project or Task
- Based on the percentage of completeness (50%, 75% or 100%)
- Be sent to the Workspace Admin, Project Manager or Team Members.
For example, in the screenshot above, an alert is being set to alert a project manager once a project has reached 75% of its time estimate.
Once you've set up the rules, click the Create Alert button on the popup to save it. You can set up as many rules for triggering Alerts as you wish.
- Alerts are only sent if the Project is ‘Private‘.
- Alerts apply for all Private Projects across the whole Workspace.
- Alerts are only sent for Projects that use Manual Estimation, not Task-based Estimations.
Viewing and Removing Alerts
- Alerts are displayed in a list on the Workspace Settings page under the "Alerts" tab, as seen on the screenshot below.
- You can delete any alert you wish by clicking on the small down-arrow sign on the left side of an alert, this will show you an option to delete that specific alert:
Need further help with setting up Alerts for your team? Contact our team via chat or email.