User account settings are accessible from the Profile page. Clicking your name in the lower-left corner of the Toggl toolbar brings up a popup box. Click on "Profile Settings" to manage your account.
Make your Toggl profile stand out by uploading your own profile picture on the My Profile page. Click on the camera icon to upload a new image, or choose the Gravatar option to use the Gravatar profile picture that is attached to your email (if available).
- To receive newsletters with great information on getting the most out of Toggl, select the newsletters option.
Please note that unchecking the box won't stop all emails. For example, emails related to payments will continue to be sent.
- Tick the weekly reports box to enable an automated email that is sent every first day of the week. This feature respects the "First day of the week" option you set on the Profile page.
- Enable the long-running email notification if you want to be reminded about timers that have been running for over 8 hours.
Grouping similar time entries
When enabled, similar entries will be grouped under one entry on the Timer page. Actions can done over all entries at once or by expanding the group and editing each one. Grouping is only available on the Timer page (not in Reports).
Running timers in the title bar of your browser
Controls the running timer notification in your browser tab. We suggest turning this off if you have a hearing accessibility tool enabled.
Beta Tester Program
From the Profile page you can opt-in to a program that will give you early access to all new features being introduced to the Toggl webapp. Click on the green "Enable beta features" button to get started.
For more details on the beta program, please see the following blog post.
Time and Date Settings
This setting affects the behavior in Reports. The Timer page works by using your device's (phone/computer) time. We suggest keeping these in sync.
A mismatch between your machine time and the Profile page timezone could lead to these problems:
- Upon saving a time entry, the start or stop time could move back or forward for a few hours
- A new time entry is saved under a different day than the one you wanted
Other time & date settings
- Time and date format: Affects how time and date are displayed in all Toggl apps.
- Duration display format: Select how durations are displayed in Toggl apps. Due to UI limitations in some apps, we recommend avoiding the "Classic" option.
- First day of the week: Tweaking this setting will change the calendars in Toggl as well as the day on which your weekly report email is sent.
Closing Your Account / Resetting Your Password
Closing your account and resetting your Toggl password are now in one easy-to access place at the bottom of your My Profile page. To close your Toggl account:
- Scroll to the Account Options section
- Answer a quick question and leave some feedback (if you'd like) on why you're leaving, the select "Close Account". Your Toggl account will then be closed.
- Can't close the account? Open the "How to close my account" article, it contains details on limitations that prevent an account from being closed.
To reset your Toggl password, click on "Change Password". Enter your current password to verify your account, then enter (and reenter) your new password.