In this article: my workspaces, workspace settings, add a logo, switching between workspaces and how to close a workspace.
Everything you do in Toggl gets allocated to a workspace: time entries, projects, clients, your team and access to features. Hence your subscription level, Settings and Reports are all workspace-specific. Workspaces act as folders helping you to keep things organized.
For example if you have 2 Workspaces: Personal and Office, you’d need to create all of your work Projects under Office Workspace and all of your personal Projects under the Personal Workspace. Clients, projects, time entries, etc. you create under Office Workspace are not visible in your Personal Workspace and vice versa.
There are two places to manage workspaces: a general Workspaces page where you can see all of the workspaces you belong to, and an administrators-only page where admins can change Workspace Settings.
- Click on Workspaces link in left menu.
On this page, you can:
- Go straight to the Workspace Settings page (if you’re an administrator)
- Set / change your default workspace
- Leave a workspace
- Create new workspaces
- Activate/reset your iCal integration (paid feature)
- To open Workspace Settings page click on the settings link in front of workspace’s name.
- Available options on Workspace Settings page depend on if your workspace is on a paid or free plan; if you’re an admin or a regular team member.
Options in free workspace >>>
Options in paid workspace >>>
On Workspace Settings page you can:
- Change Workspace name – click on the text field and type in the name you want.
- Insert workspace’s Billable Rate and currency. This default rate and currency will be used when you set a time entry as billable, but don’t have any other billable specifications set.
- Choose Rounding settings. Chosen setting will be applied after you turn rounding ‘On’ in reporting section.
- Set / change access rights for who can create Projects, Clients; see Billable Rates and Team Dashboard.
- Create, edit, delete User Groups.
- Create, edit, delete Tags.
- Create, edit, delete Clients.
- Insert your logo from “Upload Logo” button. Logo will be displayed on all printable and PDF reports (paid feature).
- Transparent logos. Your logo should have a solid background. If issues arise, please save the logo as PNG 24 and uncheck the “convert to sRGB” checkbox in Photoshop “Save for Web” dialog.
- Grayscale logos. If your logo is black and white simply add a single colored pixel/dot inside the logo and it should start displaying correctly.
- Unsupported logo types:
- To choose another Workspace: click on your username in the bottom-left corner > select another workspace inside the sub-menu.
- Changing the workspace there will affect all relevant pages (Projects, Settings, Reports, etc):