In this article – setting up iCal feed, creating Google Calendar events
Using the Toggl-iCal integration is a great way to subscribe to your time entries and see them in your calendar. You can find all the necessary links to integrate the two services on your My Profile page in Toggl when you are logged in.
Integration to Google Calendar is a Starter feature.
How to subscribe to your tasks using Google Calendar:
- Click on the Workspaces tab on the left side of the page in the Toggl webapp.
- Right-click on the “iCal” button next to your workspace name and choose ‘Copy link address’
- Go to Google Calendar and on the left side of the page, under “Other calendars”, click on the small arrow and choose to “Add by URL”.
- Paste the copied iCal link and click “Add calendar”.
- The feed only sends your last two weeks’ entries, anything from before that is not exported.
- The feed is one-way which means that you will get a read-only view of your time entries in the calendar.
- While this integration has only been tested in Google Calendar, Toggl users have reported the integration working in other services (like Yahoo Calendar) as well.
If you want to create new Google Calendar events from Toggl, you can do that using by using Zapier.
You will need:
Here are the steps:
1. Getting your accounts ready
To connect your Toggl account to Zapier, you will need an active Toggl account. To learn more about getting started with Toggl, check here.
To link your Google Calendar to Toggl, you must have an active account with Google, and a calendar that you wish to use with Toggl. To learn more about getting started with Google Calendar on Zapier, go here
2. Connecting your accounts
Click here to use the Zap.
- Choose your Toggl account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
- Choose your Google Calendar from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
- Choose the Calendar you wish to add time entries to. Select Toggl fields for the Start Date & Time and End Date & Time fields.
- Click Save + Finish
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you’re satisfied with the results, your new Toggl time entries will be added as a Google Calendar event.
If you ever want to change this Toggl and Google Calendar integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you’d like.
You can also check out all that’s possible with Toggl on Zapier, and other ways to connect Toggl and Google Calendar.