While Toggl Track supports passing time entries to external calendars via our iCal feature, users on Free plans can look into doing this via Zapier.
To do so, you will need:
Steps to connect Toggl Track and Google Calendar
1. Access the pre-configured Zap here. This makes it easier to set the integration up and click on Try It.
2. Choose the Toggl Track account you wish to use. If your account is not connected to Zapier, you can connect it now by clicking Add Account in the dropdown and then adding your API key in the new window. You can find your API key on your Profile Page.
3. Choose the workspace you wish to import time entries into your Google Calendar from
4. Choose if you wish to only trigger this Zap is time entries are logged to a specific Task (paid plans only) or use a specific Tag.
5. Test this account is correctly connected by pulling a recent time entry into Zapier.
6. Next, choose Google Calendar as the app and choose an Action from the dropdown. For this Zap, we will use "Create Detailed Event"
7. Choose the Google Calendar account, or connect it if needed, you wish to pass the time entries to. You will be asked to sign into your Google Calendar account if it isn't already connected.
8. Customize the Detailed Event that will be created from each time entry. You must choose the Calendar the event is added to, and map the start/end time from Toggl Track to your Google Calendar. Besides these, there are several optional fields you can customize.
9. Test & Continue to ensure the Zap works
10. Turn on Zap once you're happy with its settings.
If you ever want to change this Toggl Track and Google Calendar integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you’d like. You can also check out all that’s possible with Toggl Track on Zapier, and other ways to connect Toggl Track and Google Calendar.
Need further help? You can reach our support team via chat or email.