In this article: calendar selection, filter, chart, editing data, bulk edit, merging projects, sorting data and export/print/settings
Click on the Reports tab on the left side menu and select Detailed from the top center of the screen to view the Detailed Report:
- Allows to define a custom date range for the report.
- To choose a different time frame: click on This Week; choose starting date from left calendar and ending date from right calendar.
- Alternatively, click on one of the quick select options (This Year, This Month, etc).
- To confirm your selection just click outside of the calendar.
- TIP: Use the left/right arrow keys to move back or forward in your calendar and at the same time maintaining your filters.
You are able to filter your data by User, Client, Project, Task, Tag, Billable and Description. Changes you’ve made to individual filters will be applied as soon as you click out of the filter field. To generate the report click on the green “Apply” button.
- Selecting a Client inside the Client filter will automatically select all Projects related to that Client.
- Selecting a Project inside the Project filter will cause the Task filter to only show Tasks related to that Project.
The chart gives you a clear and visual overview of your data according to your filters. Your data is shown in two colors – dark and light blue. If you hover over the bar chart, you´ll see a number that shows you the total amount of hours on that day. The part that is dark blue shows your billable hours. Seeing billable hours requires a Starter subscription.
- Your data will appear as a list of editable Time Entries.
- To change the way the data is sorted, click on the arrows next to each column name (Time entry, User, Duration, Time).
- To delete a Time Entry, click on the little arrow next to each entry and select Delete.
- To edit your entry click on the field you wish to change. Eg to edit the Project, click on the existing Project label > choose a different one from drop down.
- By clicking on the duration or start-stop fields, you’ll get a popup that enables you to change both duration and start-stop times as well as the date associated with the Time Entry.
- All changes are saved automatically, there is no ‘Save’ button.
- Project colors can’t be changed from Detailed Reports. You can make that change by editing the actual project via the Projects page.
- Changing the time and date format can’t be done from Detailed Reports. That change can be made from the Profile page.
On the Bulk Edit pop up you can add a new description, date, project or set all of those entries as billable/non-billable.
Quick tip: You can move Time Entries between Workspaces by choosing a Project from a different Workspace. Please note that this only works with your own Time Entries. Moving Time Entries tracked by other team members isn’t possible.
The Bulk Edit feature can also be used for merging Projects. Follow these steps:
- Use the Project filter inside Detailed Reports to select all entries from one of the Projects, preferably the smaller one. Don’t forget to adjust the Calendar so it includes all relevant entries.
- Using the Bulk Edit feature, assign all Time Entries to the other Project.
- Open the Projects page and delete the empty Project.
- Export Icon allows to export your data into PDF or CSV. If you are in a paid workspace, you can also export your data into Excel format.
- Pressing the Print Button will create a PDF file.
- Save Icon is for using Saved Reports feature available in paid plans.
- Settings Cogwheel allows to enable or disable the Rounding feature (if you’re in a paid workspace).