The old Android app is shutting down on November 1st, 2018. Before upgrading and deleting the old app, please open the Toggl web app and check whether you can see your recent time entries. Contact Toggl Support if you can’t, it means they haven’t been synced to the server. Click here to download the new app.
Not sure whether you have the new one or the old one? Check the top left corner. If you see a Toggl logo, you have the new one.
Upon launch and after you log in, the app shows the Timer Screen. On the top is Working on These?, an automatically-generated list of your recent most-tracked activities.
Below this section is a list of your most recent Time Entries.
Note that if you haven’t tracked time in a while, nothing may appear. Here’s why.
Swipe (from the middle of your phone’s display)…
- up to scroll down into the past
- down to go back up
- down when at the top of the list to do a manual sync
- to continue tracking time for any item
- on a Time Entry’s text to edit it
- to load the Reports Screen
- to open the app’s Settings
- or to create a new Time Entry
- to stop the Timer
- the text to the left of to edit the Time Entry you’re timing
When you tap or to create a new entry, a new window appears.
Start typing to describe the Entry. Your text will replace What are you working on? or What have you done? You can also edit the Entry later.
Now continue creating your entry. Tap…
- to assign a Project (or Type @)
- to assign one or more Tags (You can also Type #)
- to set whether or not this Entry is Billable (available only for paid Workspaces)
- the time on the lower-left (it shows 0:30:00 by default) to set the start date, duration, and/or stop times through The Time Selector
- Save when you’re done creating your Entry
- X on the upper-left, Delete Entry near the bottom, or the Android back button to cancel
Tapping on an item creates a new Entry with the same details—except for the start time, stop time, and duration. The Timer will start tracking this new Entry whether or not Manual Mode is on.
To view the total duration of these similar Time Entries, please use the Summary Report on our website.
When editing an Entry, a new window appears with several rows. Tap a row to change a specific part of the entry. From top to bottom:
- Whether or not the Entry is Billable (available only on a Paid Workspaces)
- Start and stop times (opens The Time Selector)
- Duration (opens The Time Selector)
When you’re done editing your Entry, Tap Save on the upper-right.
Otherwise Tap X on the upper-left, or press the Android back button to cancel and go back.
You can also tap on Delete Entry to (no surprise) delete the Time Entry (this cannot be undone).
Tap on each tab’s title to switch to it. You can also Swipe left and right (from the middle of the editor) to switch tabs.
Under the start time and stop time tabs, you can change the time by holding and dragging the clock hand around the hour and minute wheels.
You can also Tap the keyboard icon on the lower-left if you want to type in a time.
Under the duration tab, you can Tap on the time to type in the hours and minutes, or Tap on the +5m, +10m, or +30m buttons to add time quickly.
By default, the Timer will start as you create a new Entry.
You can turn on Manual Mode in the app’s Settings to prevent this from happening. This makes it easier for you to add time later on.
When Manual Mode is on, on the Timer screen is replaced with .
You can also Press and Hold to create a new Entry under manual mode (i.e., without a running timer).
The reverse is true: Press and Hold to create a new Entry with a running Timer.
Tap on the upper-right to show Reports.
While our best reporting features are available on our website, Reports on mobile still lets you see a breakdown of your tracked Projects over a specific period.
Tap the dates on top to select which dates the Report should cover. On the dropdown that appears:
- Swipe the calendar left or right to browse through the months
- Tap two different dates to set the start and stop of the Report period
- Tap on the same date twice to limit the period to one day
- Swipe the presets on the bottom of the calendar left or right , and Tap on any of them to apply it
- Tap the dates on top again to hide the calendar
Note that Reports will not include any running Time Entry.
Tap on the upper-right open the app’s settings.
Selecting an item under Default Workspace changes the Workspace new Entries are automatically assigned to, when they’re created.
Under Date and Time you can change the First day of the week, which will reflect in Reports. Here, you can also switch Manual Mode on or off.
Tap Submit feedback to send us a message about the app. Nothing’s off-limits, whether its praise, complaints, suggestions, or even just greetings. Be nice!
Tap Help to read this article.
Tap Sign out of Toggl to logout of your account. This lets you use a different Toggl account with the app, in case you use more than one. Keep in mind that logging out will delete any unsynced Entries!
Your Toggl data is saved on the cloud. You can review past entries on the Detailed Report page of our website.
However, to keep syncing on mobile as stable as possible, the app will only pull Time Entries from the last two months. If you haven’t tracked time for a while, you might not see your older entries when you log into the app.