In this article: how to install, Toggl Button icon, dropdown timer, start timer link, tracking from anywhere on the web, settings, Pomodoro mode, continue latest entry, idle detection, adding new tools.
Toggl Button Firefox Add-on lets you track time in your favorite web tools and wherever you are on the web. The Toggl Button integrates with 75+ popular tools:
AgenoCRM, Any.do, Asana, Assembla, Axosoft, BamBam, Basecamp, Bitbucket, Bitrix24 Breeze, Bugzilla, CapsuleCRM, Cloudes, Clubhouse, Codeable, Countersoft Gemini, Desk.com, DevDocs, Doit.im, Draftin, Drupal, eProject.me, Esa, Eventum, Evernote, Exana, Flow, FogBugz, Freshdesk, Gemini Tracker, Gingko, Github, Gitlab, Gogs, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Inbox, Google Keep, Google Mail, GQueue, HabitRPG, Help Scout, JIRA (InCloud), jQuery Bug Tracker, Kanbanery, LiquidPlanner, MantisHub, Meistertask, miniCRM, Newsletter2Go, OpenProject, OnlyOffice, overv.io, Phabricator, Pivotal tracker, Planbox, Podio, Producteev, ProWorkflow, Redbooth, Redmine, Remember The Milk, Rindle, Salesforce, SherpaDesk, Sifter, Slack, SmartBoard, SourceLair, Sprintly, Taiga, TargetProcess, TeamWeek, Teamwork.com, TestRail, TickTick, Todoist, Toodledo, Trac, Trello, Unfuddle, Visual Studio Online (TFS), Waffle, WordPress, Workfront, Worksection, Wrike, Wunderlist, Xero, YouTrack (InCloud), Zendesk, Zoho Books & Zube.
- Open Toggl Button inside the Firefox Add-on Store.
- Click “Add to Firefox”.
- Click the button next to the address bar and log in with your Toggl account.
Toggl Button icon
Once you install the add-on, a Toggl icon will be added to the right of the address bar.
When the button is plain grey it means you are not currently tracking time:
When you click the Toggl Button a timer drops down:
Here you can see your current time entry, change settings, sync, log out or stop your timer
If you click on the current time entry, you will see a popup that allows you to change the description and assign tags and a project to your time entry.
Start timer link
If the tool you’re using is integrated with Toggl, you will see the “Start timer” link:
You can start a new time entry by clicking the link and it will copy the description of the item next to it.
Depending on the tool you’re using, the location of the “Start timer” icon will vary. You’ll likely find it within your tasks, issues, cards, to-dos, etc. You can see a few examples of where you can find the link here.
Tracking from any text on the web
You can start a new Toggl time entry from any text on the web by selecting it then clicking “Start timer with description” in the right-click menu.
Toggl Button settings
You can configure the following settings in Toggl Button under General tab:
- Default project – Automatically assign a certain project to all time entries.
- Show button in right click menu – Start a timer from any text on the web.
- Start / stop automatically – Starting your browser will start a new timer or stop the previously running one.
- Show post-start popup – A popup will appear after you start a time entry where you can edit the time entry you just started.
- Live updates – Instead of periodically synchronizing with the server, the Toggl Button will keep data up-to-date live.
- Remind me to track –
Toggl Button will remind you to track your time on workdays if you haven’t recorded any time for a while.
- Idle detection – Turns idle detection on and off
- Stop automatically at the end of the day – The currently running timer will be stopped automatically at the time you set as the end of your workday.
With the Pomodoro timer you can set up notifications that will let you know that it’s time to take a break.
You can enable it from the Settings on the Pomodoro tab:
You can choose to automatically stop the running timer when the pomodoro period ends. You can also choose to have a sound notify you and you can set how loud you want that to be.
When the time is up a notification pops up to let you know you’ve done well and deserve to take a break.
Idle detection notifies you of the time that you’ve been inactive/away from the keyboard. After the notification has popped up, you can decide whether to keep the time or discard it. Here’s what it looks like:
- Clicking the close icon in the corner will keep the idle time and let the time entry continue.
- Clicking “Discard idle time” will stop the time entry and remove the idle time from it.
- Selecting “Discard idle and continue” will remove the idle time from the entry but continue tracking.
How can I get my favorite tool added?
You’re welcome to add integration to our list. Here’s a guide that will help you get started: https://github.com/toggl/toggl-button/wiki/Adding-new-integrations
You can also drop us a line at email@example.com and tell us about the tool you want integrated with the Toggl Button.