In this article: adding billable rates to workspace, team member, project & project user.
- Billable Rates is a Starter plan feature.
- You can add billable rates, which can be assigned to your 1) workspace, 2) team members, 3) projects or 4) project members.
- Hourly rates are bound to time entry duration allowing you to see how much you earned for each particular job.
- There are four levels of hourly Billable Rates, the smallest set level in this hierarchy will be the one that your report calculations will be based on.
- Billable Rates cannot be assigned to a specific time entry.
- The overall Workspace Billable Rate and currency can be set on your Workspace Settings page.
- On Workspace Settings page you can also determine who can see Billable Rates – everyone or only admins.
- Billable Rate and currency can only be edited by the Workspace administrator.
- Rate can be specified from the Team page. Here’s how.
- Workspace overall currency applies to the Team Member Rate as well.
- If you’re on Premium or Enterprise plan, you can also insert Labour Cost.
- Project rates are accessible via Projects Edit page.
- Project-specific Billable Rates can be specified within each project separately.
- Type in project’s hourly rate and/or a team member specific hourly rate.
- Workspace overall currency applies to the Project Rate as well. However, by clicking on the gray currency badge you can set a unique currency per project.
The usefulness of hourly Billable Rates is apparent when you run reports (e.g. Summary Report):
- Workspace administrators are able to see and edit every team member’s specific hourly rate in that workspace.
- Project managers are able to see and edit those team members’ hourly rates who belong to the project that they are managing.
- Regular users are not able to see or edit any team member’s hourly rates that have been set in that workspace.