In this article: how to set up the sync with Basecamp and automatic synchronization.
Basecamp is a web-based project-management tool. Basecamp helps you wrangle people with different roles, responsibilities, and objectives toward a common goal: Finishing a project together. It offers to-do lists, wiki-style web-based text documents, milestone management, file sharing, time tracking, and a messaging system.
PLEASE NOTE: Toggl’s integration with Basecamp is only available with Basecamp 2. The integration is not available with Basecamp 1 and 3. If you receive the error “Did not receive any accounts”, that means that there is no Basecamp 2 account currently integrated with Toggl.
You can import your users, projects, todo lists and todo items from Basecamp into Toggl so you never have to duplicate your work again. This is how it’s done:
1) Go to the Import and Export page by first clicking on “…More” from the left menu:
2) Click “Sync now” on any of the items below and allow Toggl Pipes (the import system) access to your Basecamp account. You can go back and delete the configuration at any time.
3) If you have multiple accounts in Basecamp, Toggl will ask you which one you wish to import from:
4) “Select” to get the process started.
When you import users, there’s also an extra step where you can choose which users to import.
5) You can go off and do other things in Toggl while the sync is in process, Toggl can continue even when you’re not viewing the page. This is what importing in process looks like:
6) Once it’s complete, Toggl will tell you what was imported and how long it took. If there are problems, you can check the log for more details:
The “Sync now” button doesn’t trigger an immediate synchronization. It will place your synchronization in a queue, the actual synchronization will happen a bit later. (This can in a busy period be an hour or even more.)
Click the settings wheel just left of the Sync button to enable automatic synchronization (looks for new things to import every 10 mins, not available for users’ import) or delete the existing configuration:
Projects are imported to Toggl as Public. This means that everyone in the workspace is able to see them unless the status is changed. All Projects, Todo lists and Todos are imported with the access settings of the user who authorized the integration.